E. coli Single-Stranded DNA Binding Protein (SSB) consists of four identical 18.9kDa subunits that cooperatively bind to single-stranded DNA with high affinity. This protein is involved in DNA replication and in recombination in vivo.
- Studying DNA replication and recombination.
- DNA sequencing using the primer walking strategy with contiguous oligonucleotides.
- Sancar, A. et al. (1981) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 78, 4274–8.
- Chase, J.W. and Williams, K.R. (1986) Ann. Rev. Biochem. 55, 103–36.
- Krauss, G. et al. (1981) Biochemistry 20, 5346–52.
- Weiner, J.H. et al. (1975) J. Biol. Chem. 250, 1972–80.
Storage Buffer: 50mM Tris-HCl (pH 7.4), 1mM EDTA, 1mM DTT, 0.2M NaCl, 50% (v/v) glycerol.
Source: E. coli.
QC Tests: Protein concentration, DNase, RNase, SDS-PAGE/purity, endonuclease.