Easy Purification Workflow
Purify your DNA in five easy steps. The protocol requires only 30 minutes hands-on time. It has fewer processing steps than the competitor and doesn’t require any chloroform.
- Add CTAB, RNase, and Proteinase K.
- Incubate for 30 minutes (difficult samples can be incubated for an additional 2 hours).
- Centrifuge for 10 minutes.
- Add 300μl of lysate and 300μl of Lysis Buffer into well 1 of the Maxwell® RSC cartridge—run time is 40 minutes.
Load the Maxwell® deck, add sample, and press start. It’s as simple as that.
~100 minute protocol
- Only 30 minutes hands-on time
- Fewer processing steps
- No chloroform
- Add lysis buffer and proteinase K.
- Incubate for 30 minutes at 60°C.
- Centrifuge for 5 minutes.
- Add chloroform to empty tubes.
- Transfer supernatant from centrifuge step 4 and add to chloroform tubes.
- Centrifuge for 15 minutes.
- Add buffer 1 to a clean tube, add aqueous phase from step 8 and vortex.
- Add solution to spin column.
- Centrifuge for 1 minute.
- Discard flow through and add buffer 2.
- Centrifuge, discard flow through and centrifuge again.
- Add buffer 3.
- Incubate for 1 minute.
- Centrifuge for 1 minute.
~120 minute protocol
- 90 minutes hands-on time
- More processing steps
- Requires chloroform
Consistently Purify DNA from Raw and Processed Food Samples
The PureFood GMO and Authentication Kit can be used successfully with either raw or processed food samples. Below we present data for DNA extractions from raw ground pork, raw ground beef, chocolate and rice cakes.
DNA Extracted with the PureFood Kit Is Ready for Downstream Analysis
DNA extracted using the PureFood Kit can be used directly in a variety of downstream applications
such as real-time PCR, gel electrophoresis, microarrays, and sequencing (e.g., NGS and Sanger).
- Use an optimized system to extract DNA from many food samples.
- Experience less variability compared to traditional and competing extraction and purification methods.
- Achieve faster results with walk-away automation and free up laboratory resources for higher value activities.
- Avoid organic extractions and perform minimal hands-on steps to quickly purify DNA from up to 16 samples in less than 60 minutes.
DNA extracted using the PureFood Kit is ready for:
- real-time PCR
- gel electrophoresis
- Next-Generation and Sanger Sequencing
What’s in the box?
|Item/ Catalog number selected: AS1600||Part #||Size||Concentration||Available Separately|
|RNase A Solution||A797C||2 × 1ml||4mg/ml||View Product|
|Elution Buffer||A828D||1 × 20ml||View Product|
|Maxwell® RSC Cartridge (RSCJ)||AS159A||48 × 1 each|
|Elution Tubes (0.5ml)||AS620A||1 × 50/pk||View Product|
|CTAB Buffer||MC1411||1 × 100ml||View Product|
|Proteinase K (PK) Solution||MC500C||2 × 1ml||View Product|
|Lysis Buffer||MC501C||1 × 20ml|
|RSC Plungers||AS1670||1 × 48/pack||View Product|
Not For Medical Diagnostic Use.
Patents and Disclaimers
U.S. Pat. No. 6,855,499, European Pat. No. 1368629, Japanese Pat. No. 4399164 and other patents pending.